Mar 12, 2017

Picturesque Month 01' & 02'17


~Tiny haul from our tiny vacation between christmas and new years last year. Check out my last picturesque month for some impressions from our Nottingham minication. We only had a carry on luggage so my thrift store purchases had to be minimized. I did find a copy of The Fault in our Stars though, which I've wanted to read for ages. And we also found a box set of Horrible Histories, a really fun kids tv show which is literally about all the horrible things that happened in the past.
~ Got a new sewing machine <3 Found this beauty on ebay for a fracture of the original price
~ Caft room love! My restaurated The Walking Dead cabinet holds all of my fabrics and lots of other craft supplies. Finally got around to clean up this corner of our craft room.

~ Pizza & wine love. Sometimes you just need to sit down with a girlfriend with a huge Pizza and three bottles of white wine :D
~ I got to save a bunch of vegan cheese via Foodsharing and brought some to work to share with my colleagues.
~ I just looove homemade sushi! I like to experiment with the ingredients as well, this time with pickled beetroot, it was pretty yummy,

                       
~ My brother and I reenacted a picture from our childhood for our mom's birthday. Good thing my dad keeps everything, so we could use the exact same chairs. I just had to go to the thrift store to find some sweaters that looked like the ones we wore back then.
~ How do you make sure you're always carrying a towel as suggested by the Hitchhikers Guide through the Galaxy? Take this towel bag! There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.
Made this bag for a colleague of mine, making of coming soonish.




~ Mighty Oaks showcase @ Lido
~ Communion Night with Joseph J. Jones, Banfi & Dan Croll @ Fluxbau
~ Island Records showcase with th incredible Sigrid @ Riverside Studios
So many showcases in winter! Loved all  of the acts, but especially Dan Croll & Sigrid, 5/5 Bazooka Points for these awesome two newcomers that you will hopefully hear from more in the next year.

~ Pretty balloons at Lu's birthday party <3
~ Made a pixel Jake and Finn as decoration for her present.
~ Soo many of my friends are getting married this year! I am most excited about being the Maid of Honor at one of my oldest friends wedding in June, so excite!

~ Springtime is coming! Made this pretty colourful wreath to welcome the warmer weather with pastell tones and lots of (plastic) flowers.
~ I made these AT-AT prints a little while back with a handcut lino stencil and finally thought of a project to use them for!
~ For this project I used tea and watercolours to stain the prints to make them look weathered and "vintage", I'll try to post the entire project in an individual post someday.

~ Visited the registry's office once again in our final attempt to change our name. Took me an hour to drop off one missing document to complete the process. Here's hoping it all goes well! At least they have some cute bat pillars to lighten the mood.
~ Another showcase at work! Kensington stopped by to give us a little taste of their new album before playing the Lido later that day.
~ My favorite bookstore in Berlin had a big reopening event after a seemingly endless reconstruction. If you're near Friedrichstraße check out Dussmann, das Kulturkaufhaus! I got three books (Good Omen/Pratchett, Gaiman, The Man in the High Castle/Dick & Born a Crime/ Noah) and some awesome Edgar Allan Poe socks, the draw-string bag was a gift for all customers.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...