Apr 17, 2016

Thrifting in America


During our trip to the American west coast last year we stopped by many thrift stores from Seattle to Portland. Thrifting in America is great fun for me, because you can find a lot of great things inside of thrift stores. Donating your belongings that are no longer needed is a very established practice in America, in some stores you even get a gift card or money back. This means that thrift store all over the US are filled with the most curious items and also everyday tools and lots of clothes of course.
My favorite thrift store chain is called Goodwill and have special Sales every day, where items are half off or a certain price according to their tags.

I've gathered some pictures from various thrift stores we visited during our stay, so you get an idea of what they're like.

This was a Goodwill in the University district of Seattle. Found some barely used Converse for 15$ in this one, score!

        
Some fashion is very questionable... Like this crop top plaid shirt. We found this one at Buffalo Exchange in Seattle, where you can also sell your second hand clothes.

In Vancouver, WA I found this cute antique store:






         




I didn't buy anything there, but I really like the set up and thoughtful decoration. I almost got myself a signed copy of those Anne Rice books, because I'm a huge fan of her Vampire Chronicles, but they were so expensive! And you won't believe it, but I actually found a brandnew AND signed copy of her newest book Prince Lestat in another thrift store (Goodwill I think) a week later for just a couple of bucks!

And here's a few more pictures mostly from the toy and homeware sections of various thrift store in and around Portland, OR. Plus, you can check out my video Follow Me Around American Thrift Stores.


       

I hope this gave you a bit of an insight to the world of American Thrifting. I bought an insane amount of stuff during our stay last summer, we actually had to buy an additional suitcase on our way home to fit it all! Good thing it was summer, so all the clothes I got were pretty light ;)
I'm still in the process of editing my Haul Videos, but if you want to check out the first two you can click here for a bunch of nerdy stuff and here for a bunch of clothes (both in german).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...