Mar 12, 2013

The Walking Dead Swap on Craftster Part I

My swap partner just gave the go, she got my package, so I can share with you what I made for the "Calling all Walkers - The Walking Dead Swap" on Craftster.org.
This is my first swap ever and it was also a big one. A 5 point swap, so naturally I had 5 projects.

1. Rick, Glenn & Daryl Bead Coasters

I got the basic outline of the characters from this etsy product. I had to make a few alterations, because the plate for the melting beads wasn't big enough. The background is designed by me. The prison for Daryl, trailer for Rick and the farm/barn for Glenn. You know how it works. Set up the beads and iron to make them melt together. It was fun in preschool and it's still fun!









Can you tell that the little things on Daryls coaster are zombies? Ken couldn't :( I thought it was pretty obvious.



2. Decoupaged comic box

This one's quite simple. Cut out comic strips, glue them to a cardboard box and coat with clear laquer.







This is probably the most memorable scene both in the comic and the show. Rick rides into Atlanta and bumps into thousands of zombies. Duh, stay away from the cities! First rule in the zombie apocalypse. He also meets Glenn for the first time, who's saving his butt.









3. Slide Magnets

Also very simple, take a slide, glue some magnets to the back and put a nice picture in it. Done! You notice there's a reocurring Rick, Glenn & Daryl theme? Well, they are my swap partners favorite characters.





4. Slide necklace

You know this one already. I chose the ride into Atlanta again, because it's just a beautiful picture. Of course the pictures in all the slides are changeable.



5. Zombie Drawstring bag

This one was the most work, but also the most fun, because I designed it myself based on the drawstring bags we used to carry our PE stuff back in the school days.
I used the same cloth as for the Tablet cover, some buttons, a zipper and a string that used to be a belt for a dress.
Here's the basic outline:



Sewing on the zipper pouch as the mouth and chin of the zombie's face.



Handsewing the buttons for the eyes and nose



Strenghtening the areas where the string would be going through.



Skipping a few steps here, but I think my explaning the steps would only be confusing without the pictures. You get the idea, right? The string turned out to be a little too long to put it on your back comfortably, but it's adjustable.





And here's the whole package.



It took 3 weeks to get to my swap partner in Australia. Can't wait till I get my package! Of course I'll be sharing that with you as well.
Until then, keep calm and kill zombies!

PS: Check out all these funky geeky crafts at the Nerd'n'Geek Linkparty <3
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...